Our on-site Surgical Suite and Recovery facility is constructed, equipped, and staffed with the highest standard of surgical care. Designed and built by health care architects in direct collaboration with Dr. Hirmand, the facility’s focus is optimizes patient experience throughout using both design and technical elements. It boasts a spacious operating suite, first stage and second stage recovery areas in addition to a utility room, storage spaces, and a dedicated ADA bathroom.
The facility is fully AAASF accredited. It furthermore meets hospital level of surgical care with two independent mechanical rooms one level below, housing an industrial suction apparatus, a back-up generator for all operating room circuits, and a central air conditioning system with multiple independent zones.
1040 Park SurgiSuite Features:
- One way ventilation for sterility
- Double window system in the OR
- Full anesthesia capability and technologies (provide link to anesthesia)
- Maquet state of art LED lighting
- Independent temperature zones for OR and Recovery Rooms
- Non-porous surfaces in the OR, Utility room and Recovery area
- Shatter proof back-painted glass in the OR
- Fully equipped with instruments and cutting edge devices
- Fully automated Operating bed
- Air, oxygen piped in and suction capability piped out in all areas including Recovery areas
- Full recovery room monitoring capability
- Dedicated nursing station for recovery areas
- State of the art Sterilization Equipment
- Networked Monitor in the OR- endoscopic ready technology
- Flat screen TV in the recovery room for patient comfort
- Wi-Fi through out the facility for connectivity
- Terrazzo flooring without seams throughout the Recovery area for sterility
- Dedicated Exit Door
- Dedicated ADA bathroom solely for surgical patient use
- Sequential compression boots for DVT prophylaxis, in both OR and Recovery areas
- Bear Hugger air blankets for temperature control in both OR and Recovery areas
- Fluid warmers
- Bis State of consciousness monitoring
- Glidscope Fiberoptic Intubation Capability
- Integrative monitoring
- Full emergency cart equipped with devices and medications
The SurgiSuite is on-site but fully separated from other clinical areas and not subject to any other patient or staff traffic. As such, it is accessed privately by dedicated entrance and exit doors. It provides a serene, safe, and private environment for surgeries for our patients and their families.
Choice of Surgical Facility
The choice of facilities include large hospital, small hospital, ambulatory surgery facility, and office operating suite-1040 Park SurgiSuite. The recommended facility is based on the type of surgery, age and health status, as well as your personal preference. Generally speaking the majority of aesthetic surgery procedures are well suited to a private ambulatory surgery facility or our office based surgical suite and recovery.
Large Hospital – New York Presbyterian
Small Hospital – Lenox Hill Hospital, Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Infirmary
Ambulatory Surgery Facility – Center for Specialty Care
Office Operating Suite – Fully accredited 1040 Park SurgiSuite
You are invited to discuss your preferences and the available facility options with our aesthetic coordinator and with Dr. Hirmand.